Sunday, July 11, 2010

91 Mins LSR - The Fight Begins

Yesterday I went for a 90 mins LSR. I met many runners and even saw the Kenyan team taking a break on the Southern Bypass at Langatta road - I believe they are preparing for the Africa Athletic Championships next month.
Anyways, I changed my course and used a hilly one. The highrise hill is quite a good one and combined with the gentle Langatta one, this should be a good course to prepare for what I have lined up like Ndakaini. I did 80% of the route on tarmac and I am glad my knees are not yelling. My speed is not good. My weight has dropped and I feel and look better. But I noticed that since I am training alone, there is nobody to push me.
Now that my legs are good (strong quads protect knees and my shins are okay thanks to heel-toe walks), I want to start fighting with myself and fighting with the distance. I want to push myself and break myself down and start reaching new frontiers.
Last week I almost broke my leg when I stepped on a stone so I sorta need to get up slightly later so I reduce the amount of time I run in the dark. But the Idea is to start focusing on speed and pushing myself harder. I want to ran faster. Faster faster.
Meanwhile Rudisha came close to breaking WIlson Kipketer's 13 year old 800m record. David Rudisha ran an astonishing 800m on Saturday night at the KBC Night of Athletics in Heusden-Zolder. He became the second fastest man in history at the 800m when he crossed the line in a phenomenal 1:41.51, an African record and the fastest time in the world since Wilson Kipketer broke the World record (1:41.11) at two occasions  in 1997.

No comments: