Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quadriceps Tendonitis

Yep. Thats the injury I am suffering from. I think I will be out of action until 5th of Jan just to be sure that its fully healed. This site explains everything about it. I have been refreshing my driving skills and have succeeded in not straining my right knee for three days now. I suspect that in 4 days I should be fully healed but we will see. The diagram below shows the scene of the crime.

The Patellar tendon is the point of origin from which I exarcebated the injury. It has affected it and the Quadriceps tendon. I have rested for almost three weeks now. The Physicians say it takes 4 - 6 weeks to heal.
One of the things I like about my running is that its a hobby that has made me learn so much about my body and how it works. From the ITBL and shin splints to Plantar Fascitis, I have learnt something everytime I got an injury. I may consider opening a Physiotherapy practice when I retire. What do you think? Brilliant, huh?
Now that I am injured, I will need to redesign a program for easing back to action without injuring myself again.
Cheers

No comments: