Friday, April 15, 2011

Soldiering On

I have run 4X this week and I am still doing 7K for 40 mins. Room for improvement is huge as hell which is good coz I have about 4 more Kms to cram into that time. My weight is dropping well and I feel good. Today speed came to me and I opened the door for it in form of fartleks.
My position is better. But my right shin is still painful. I have had to revert back to my old mantra: pain is weakness leaving the body, plus, so long as my knees are kosher, every other muscle or bodypart can suck it.
So tomorrow I rest and Sunday I go for 110mins LSR.
Meanwhile the London Marathon is up for grabs this Sunday and the strong runner Kebede (pictured below) will be seeking to break the WR in it. IAAF says: ....the men’s race features three of the top five from the Beijing Olympics and all three medallists from the 2009 Berlin World Championships; the three 2010 European Championships medallists; the fastest man in the world last year; the third and fourth fastest men of all time; and no fewer than seven athletes who have run 26.2 miles quicker than two hours six minutes.

Throw into the mix eight of the top 10 finishers from London last year, and an intriguing return from injury for Martin Lel, the three-times London winner who’s been out of action for two years, and you have quite a race. Indeed, the only name missing from Sunday’s line-up will be that of the Olympic champion Sammy Wanjiru, who withdrew three weeks ago with a knee injury.


Enjoy.

No comments: