Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Getting Serious - Ordered for Running Books

I placed an order for two books on Running from Amazon. I am buying The Competitive Runner's Handbook -  The Bestselling Guide to Running 5Ks through Marathons (Paperback) and Daniels' Running Formula - 2nd Edition.
It will cost me about 5K in total and they should be arriving next month. They should help me ensure I dont run in "no man's" land (read the reviews of Daniel's book on Amazon) and help me focus every training to ensure I dont just run to be fit but to be faster and stronger to ensure that I resonably exploit the running potential in me and kick substantial ass in races.
We have agreed with Sikuku to get the AK (Athletics Kenya) calendar so that next year we do at least five races.


I want to get scary serious with this running shit. I want to be fast, tough, chiselled, free, strong and light. And I want to run a sub 19mins 5K and a sub 38mins 10K. An elite amateur for all intents and purposes.
My calf is now 80% okay. The problem now is my knees (75%) and the back of my left knee (80%). Two weeks rest should do. I want to be 100% before I start the next quest.

What inspires me? When we were in Mwea Classic half Marathon in September, I saw our "coach" glide away so easily. So effortlessly yet I was laboring hard. The guy is probably ten years older. It is such things that make me tell myself "I want to run like that"
A

No comments: