Thursday, June 26, 2008

I can smell Freedom

Freedom here is freedom from the regular pain I always get after running. That soreness that has made it necessary for me to rest for a day between my runs. That is how it has been for the past two years for me. In fact, I have been scratching my head and wondering how it is that some people actually manage to rune every day of the week without rest. I have tried to alter how I step. I have learnt to shift the load from one leg to the other. I have learnt to run at a slow pace and recently I have made it a rule to never end my runs with a sprint irrespective of how the urge is. I have also learnt to deal with my lust for distance and I can now run for as short as 4 Kms and go home recognizing that I have actually ran and what I have done is not a pussy run.
So anyways, I am smelling freedom. For the first time, this week I have managed to run for two consecutive days without feeling sore. This is so bloody exciting I cant begin to tell you how exciting it is. I did 5Kms one day and 6Kms the next day and I am in no pain.
I will try to do this now for three consecutive days (starting tomorrow) and see how it goes. If it works, I am free. I can start burning fat like a machine and be ready to do 21 Kms in under 90 minutes. At any rate, that is my target. I will be running 3 days and resting on the fourth day. This means I will be running at least 5 times every week.
Quietly ponder the implications of that. A frequency of 3 to 5 will have an impact that I am getting too excited to contemplate right now.
Wish me luck in my search for freedom fellaz!

No comments: