Sunday, August 7, 2011

Biked 2:20 Run

I ran for 2:20 yesterday. I am curious to know the distance but I didn't get time to measure it. I felt heavier covering the first 65 minutes but felt much better past 80 minutes - stronger and faster. I suspect that I am slower. I am slightly heavier but not bad.
I biked for an hour today as I gave my legs a break. I am injury-free for the monemt though I give my right shin some shin support just to be sure.
Hopefully in the next 14 days I will get to shed some 3-4Kgs and get down to 79Kgs.
This week, I want to concentrate on mileage and a bit of speed.
Meanwhile, IAAF says that "
The first meeting of the season between the two greatest 800m talents of the moment  – Rudisha and Kaki – ended with the Kenyan World record holder winning in 1:42.91, a meeting record and UK All Comers’ record, bettering the time of 1:43.22 set by Steve Cram in winning the 1986 Commonwealth title in Edinburgh.

But the most important thing for Rudisha was the win in a race where, as in their epic race at last season’s Samsung Diamond League race in Oslo, the smaller man pushed him all the way to the line, teeth bared with effort, doing all he knew to narrow the gap including dipping at the line.

Rudisha, his face, by contrast, a mask of concentration, maintained the lead he had inherited with 350 metres remaining as the pacemaker peeled away having taken the field through 400m bang on target in 49.61."

No comments: