Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why I Run

  1. I run because it gives me mental toughness. This comes from continually forcing myself to do uncomfortable things and running makes me sacrifice comfort (sleep and rest) or the easy way out (aches and mediocrity). Mental toughness is one of the building blocks of inner strength.
  2. I run because it makes my will strong. It makes my will strong because it gives me courage. It gives me courage because it forces to continually face fearful situations like a hard workout, a race or a long distance.
    And once you have a strong will, you can apply it in other areas of your life.
  3. Running is an opportunity to prove to myself that I can do it. My own doubts and fears are the best motivation and competition I think I have ever faced. And by challenging myself physically, and succeeding, my confidence grows. When my confidence grows, I become strong.
  4. Running also helps me energise myself and manage stress.

A

No comments: