Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Clawing Back...

I did a one hour run on Thursday and completed 12K in 1:00:46.
My calf injury was alive and well and my calf was tight and sore. So I pulled back and didnt run over the weekend. On Monday I walked home. My calf felt alright.
So yesterday, Tuesday, I was back at it and did 12K in 57:56. Which is an improvement. I was definitely faster and I was able to commit myself into it much better. A cramp threatened but never materialized. I now want to try my best to be able to do the 12K in 55mins then I complete the one hour run then I can start to focus on completing 14K in 1 hour.
I have found a way to manage my weight. I am a kind of sugar addict and that is the bane of my weight issue. I pick apples at Nakumatt and have substituted them with bread and tea. Its working.

Keep running.
A


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that's some good speed - I've realized that once you have done some serious long distance running, speed will come naturally in the shorter distances. I am still out with a calf injury for the second week running...Keep the spirit.

Running Writer said...

Thanks. Pole. Walk it out. Blood flow to the injured parts hastens the healing.

coffee machines accessories said...

You need the right accessories to make quality coffee and to compliment your coffee machine. Here we stock a wide range of accessories for your coffee machine including milk thermometers, milk jugs, shakers, knock boxes and many more.
coffee machine repairs | coffee machines commercial