Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 2: Testing My Limits



This was an interesting week. I only had four days to log in the mileage of the week amidst a busy work schedule.
On Monday I had toilet drama and I had to go at 10K – and I used the roadside bushes to great relief - the person who invented roadside bushes is a mf genius!
And then I stumbled in the dark on a rocky, torturous route for 8K like a complete idiot. On Wednesday I bit more than I could chew, ended up with an empty tank and had to resort to run-walk in order to complete the workout.
Amateurish crap! Can you believe that shit? Dis-gusting. Nkt!
But like I keep saying, the beginning of wisdom is the ability to laugh at yourself.
The greatest thing is that I didn’t get an injury (and that’s my number one priority). And I am so glad the training days for the week are over! I can’t wait to sleep up to 6:20AM for the next two days! Yay! The other great thing is that I completed the workout as scheduled and I am also sure I am achieving my second goal of weight loss. I shall now begin my long slow runs next week while maintaining relatively the same weekly mileage. I only pray or patience to keep it slow and easy for the next three weeks then we can start injecting some speed once we know we have strong legs.
I need to remind myself about the basic principles: It ALL counts. Run the mile you are in. Long Slow Runs. Build Mileage First, speed later. 
Without further ado, here are the workouts.

Monday_____8+22
Tuesday_____16+14
Wednesday__22+5
Thursday____15+5
TOTAL_____107K
Next week, we start long runs. Onwards and Upwards!

No comments: