Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2012 Training Day 127: 16K in 1:13:43 - It takes Energy to Breathe!

I started breathing properly after 9Kms when I felt a hint of a cramp. One huge full breath in, two out...One huge full breath in, two out...One huge full breath in, two out...One huge full breath in, two out...and my pace picked up. The cramp never materialized. I have been breathing shallowly. I also tried to use my mouth. But man! using the abdominal muscles to breath is quite some task!
I finished strong. I have improved from last time. I hope I can throw in a few fast runs tomorrow then I rest. I realized I am forced to slow down with the several turns I had to make at each corner. I hope this will cancel out the hills on the road and the good grip of the tarmac should do me some good.
Here is a comparative analysis of my best runs since April. I am improving. I cant wait to break the 70mins barrier for 16K.





No comments: