Monday, September 21, 2009

I am back - hope my knee is okay

Today I start my last leg of training this year. I have rested for 9 days and I hope my knee is now okay. I will only know after I have worked out. I will do an easy 6K today. Slow and easy.
Then tomorrow 8K etc etc. I need to shed at least 4Kgs by August 22nd.
My running mates went to Ndakaini half marathon over the weekend and performed quite well with Sikuku clearing that hilly route in 1:47 and GK in 1:10. Ogutu struggled and managed in 3 hours. I bet his body has a story to tell. We have work to do. Lots of work to do if we are to clear 21K in 1:30.
The Berlin marathon was a disappointment after the runners failed to come close to a world record and the UFC 103 had several surprises, including Rich Franklin losing to Vitor Belfort. I am just not sure Belfort will be a match for Anderson Silva.

Cheers.

3 comments:

21km, anytime said...

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Ndakaini is a course from hell!
A wee correction: GK did it in 2:10, not 1:10 ...
Ndakaini, Ndakaini, Ndakaini...

Running Writer said...

Thanks. Where is your detailed race report?

21km, anytime said...

Detailed race report ... coming ...