Monday, October 4, 2010

44Mins Run

I was up at 5.45am. Very Pensive and sorta coiled. I had realized, through my ruminations and mood changes last evening, that I had become attached to running and I had come to treat my running as something very important so that when my ankle was hurt and all, my mood, my psyche and my sh*t took a beating. So anyways, I went to bed telling myself Sunday was the worst and when you have hit rock bottom, you can only go up. But I was relieved that when my leg hit the floor, there was only a dull pain.
But when I hopped on that leg in the sitting room, there was pain. Not so bad but what the hell, you would have to put a gun to my head to make me go back to bed.
So I left. Started slowly at first. but by 700m, I was almost okay. At any rate, it went on to be a good run. I even threw in some fartleks and some vertical hops. I did lunges, crunches, pushups and toe/heel walks. I got a good sweat going and it felt good.
My knees are okay. I am limpin a little but my leg is at 90%. I am optimistic that tomorrow I will be at 98% so I will shoot for a hard tempo run.

Meanwhile, in San Jose, USA - Reigning ING New York City Marathon champion and U.S. Olympian Meb Keflezighi successfully defended his title at the 2010 Rock ‘n’ Roll San Jose Half Marathon on Sunday, crossing the finish line in 1:01:45.

“I felt strong and maintained,” Keflezighi said. “My training is coming along as planned and I hope it goes the same. This is the race I really enjoy though. New York will be all business.”


Cheers

No comments: