Saturday, October 2, 2010

Easy 46 Mins

I started out with a limp though by the end of the 46 mins I wasn't limping. My injury still pains though its better than yesterday. I hope it will be 96% okay tomorrow for my long run. I didnt feel particularly strong today. Added to the injury, fartleks were out. So I just did my 48mins and came back.
Meanwhile Iaaf.org says:
Ethiopians Deriba Merga and Feyisa Lilesa have joined the men's field for next Sunday's Bank of America Chicago Marathon, an IAAF Gold Label Road Race.
The addition of Merga, the 2009 Boston Marathon champion, and Lelisa, who has a personal best 2:05:23, significantly strengthens what organizers have billed as the top men's field in the event's 33-year history.

The pair will join forces with defending champion Sammy Wanjiru of Kenya, London Marathon champion Tsegaye Kebede of Ethiopia and Boston Marathon champion Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot of Kenya.

Merga's entry adds even more intrigue to the race's impact on the 2009-2010 World Marathon Majors series standings as third-ranked Merga (35 points) is one of the only athletes in reach of surpassing top-ranked Wanjiru and Kebede (50 points each) before the series concludes in November in New York.

No comments: