Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rest - Injured Heel

Yesterday when I was jumping, hopping and bounding (remember the plyos?), I kicked a twig that had thorns. One thorn went thro my shoes and pierced my heel. I stopped and carefully removed it. There wasn't any bleeding. I never thought much of it and my workout went on quite well. Ten hours later, it started paining. By night time, I was limping. My sweetheart squeezed it last night. This Morning it was painful so I decided to rest.
I will therefore do my fartleks tomorrow. I am limping now but I expect to be able to run tomorrow.
This has been a great week for my running and I hope to see further improvements next week. I will go for a long run on Sunday.
 Meanwhile, The distance between World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight champion Jose Aldo (pictured above) and the rest of the 145-pound division may be wider than first thought.

Patient and precise, Aldo stopped top contender Manny Gamburyan on second-round punches in the WEC 51 “Aldo vs. Gamburyan” headliner on Thursday at the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, Colo. Gamburyan succumbed to strikes 92 seconds into round two, as he experienced defeat for the first time in four WEC appearances.

“When I came back in the second round, I just put all the work I’d been doing in the gym into the cage,” Aldo said, “and I was able to knock him out.”

Aldo -- who survived an early glancing encounter with a Gamburyan right hand -- attacked his foe with a series of leg kicks in the first round, as he softened “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 5 finalist for what was to come. He clipped Gamburyan with a straight right hand in the second, sensed he was hurt and approached for the finish. As Gamburyan dropped for a defensive single-leg takedown, the Nova Uniao standout cracked him with a grazing uppercut, wheeled around behind him and unleashed a furious stream of punches that left Gamburyan facedown and unconscious.

A winner in 11 consecutive bouts, the 24-year-old Aldo appears to have no equal in the featherweight division.

“If it’s up to me,” Aldo said, “my reign will last forever.”

Cheers

No comments: