Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I am Back

The cold that is clearing up is among the last one in a trail of minor ailments that have buffeted me in the last few months. Today I went for a 46 mins run. I felt light and good. I didnt push. I just wanted to run and have a feel of my body. I felt good. I met more than 15 runners! Guys have woken up!
I will do the same for the next two days then go for a long run on Sunday.
Stanchart is five weeks away and I want to be at my very best. I will be doing 46-50mins runs 5X a week then a long run on Sunday for four weeks then I taper/rest.


Meanwhile, Iaaf.com says "The 2010 IAAF Race Walking Challenge Final in Beijing turned out to be a show run by the Chinese hosts as presumed. Three Chinese men and two women finished in top four of the 10km races on Saturday (18) morning on fast courses.

On the men’s side it was a Chinese 1-2-3 in the total standings due to the fact that Italian Giorgio Rubino, who finished third today, had not competed in three IAAF Race Walking Challenge competitions before Beijing and was not in contention for the prize money. On the women’s side Russian Tatyana Sibileva won the final race in Beijing, but she too missed out on the prize money for the same reason.

The men’s 10km race was the fastest ever at this level. Winning time today for Wang Zhen was 37:44, the equal second fastest all-time. Norwegian Erik Tysse has the fastest time, 37:33 in Hildesheim 2006 and also walked 37:44 last year. But the depth in those races was different. Tysse was the only athlete to dip under 38 minutes before today. Two Chinese athletes Wang and Zhu Yafei went under 38 min and Rubino and Chinese favourite Wang Hao both were timed in 38 minutes flat."

No comments: