Tuesday, September 28, 2010

43Mins Tempo

I am jackin it up. I am feeling better and great actually. I was up at 5:40 and stretched and did the toilet thingy (empty). Gloves on, sweatshirt on and I was off. I met fewer runners today relative to the last time I ran last week. My speed was good though I didnt push very hard. At the turn of 23 minutes, I had increased my distance by about 300metres compared to same time last week. I then ran back, negative splitting and completing the run in 43:34. I need to conclusively measure that distance.
I will probably go for an easy one tomorrow. If I feel great I will make it a fartlek session because speed is my main concern right now and I want to keep pushing. I am also doing deep breathing to improve my lung capacity.
I did lunges, one-legged hops and stretched thoroughly then I cooled down with pushups and some crunches.

Elsewhere, iaaf.org says that "Leonard Patrick Komon of Kenya smashed the World record* in the 10Km at the ABN AMRO Singelloop in Utrecht, The Netherlands, today.

The 22-year-old clocked a jaw-dropping 26:44 over the 10 kilometre course to knock a massive 17 seconds from the previous mark of 27:01 set by his compatriot Micah Kogo in Brunssum, the Netherlands, on 29 March 2009.

Last year Komon clocked 27:10 in Utrecht to occupy the No. 5 position over the distance all-time and vowed to return this year to challenge not only the World record, but the 27-minute barrier as well.
Fast from the outset, Komon, the 2008 World Cross Country silver medallist, covered the first kilometre in 2:36 and reached the first five kilometres in 13:19 (unofficial).
Kenyan Sammy Kitwara was a distant second, clocking 27:11."

 Cheers, fellaz.

No comments: