Monday, October 25, 2010

Still in Recovery - UFC 121

On Sunday I was up at 5:40. I tested my leg and found it still having some pain. I stretched it, walked to the bathroom and sprang up and down a bit. Still painful. God, damn. I thought. Can I just go ahead anyways and ice my leg afterward? I took a long time thinking about going for a run. The stubborn me was tired of not running. But I knew I would only make it worse so I called it off. I am tired of limping. I am tired of the pain. I want to run again without worrying about when I will be okay. So I shelved the idea of running. I placed my shoes back in the rack, folded my trucks, placed my stopwatch back in the locker and started doing crunches...
Meanwhile, Cain Velasquez weathered an early storm from Brock Lesnar and proved why he has long been regarded as one of the top prospects in the sport, pounding Lesnar in a stunningly brutal and one-sided fight to win the UFC heavyweight championship at the Honda Center in the main event of UFC 121. Cain Velasquez made quick work of former champion Brock Lesnar. (Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Getty Images)

Velasquez hurt Lesnar with nearly every punch he threw and knocked him down several times. After the final knockdown, Velasquez pounded him with elbows and punches before referee Herb Dean stopped it at 4:12 of the first.


  Cheers.
A

No comments: