Thursday, March 24, 2011

38Mins - Courage and Spunk

I ran yesterday and today. My knees are out of any danger because I do the lunges faithfully. My shins are another matter altogether. They are splintered and even though I faithfully do heel-toe walks and toe raises, the pain persists. And today when I set out on the road, instead of telling myself "Just keep going", I found Paula Radcliffe's mantra "Tarmac Meet Courage" more appropriate because I was in some sort of pain. And the tarmac lay in front of me, daring me to run all over it.
My shoes are rather new so I know they are not the problem my weight is not making it any easier but that too, I will grind down with persistence and consistency and watching what I eat. I clenched my teeth and ran on. After all, I am experienced enough to know the kind of pain or injury I can run through and the type that I cannot run through.
It reminds me of 2008 when my shins gave me plenty of hell and I became friends with bandages and shin support but I was so determined and full of stubbornness I gritted my teeth and ran until the shin pain went away.
Only to be replaced by knee pain. But thats another matter.
So tomorrow I will give them a break as I strengthen my compartment muscles. My weight is behaving well and I expect to shed some more in the coming weeks especially if my shins get better and I pump up the volume.
Here is Jones, taking the UFH LHW belt from Shogun, by force and brutality in UFC 128.

 A

No comments: