So I have decided to stick to my plans. I have five goals in the next three-four weeks in the following order and priority:
- Do a sub 2 hour 26K on the field. 8th July 2013
- Set a 21K PR - on the field - 11-12th July 2013
- Set a 26K PR - on Msa Road Langatta Road Route - 14th July 2013
- Do a Sub 2 hour 26K on Jogoo-road Upper-Hill hill - 21 July 2013
- Attempt a PR on the 24.6k Langatta, Upper-Hill route - 28th July 2013
I expect my weaknesses to be exposed from these runs. I expect to learn something about how to taper. I expect to learn something about my level of fitness. I expect to learn something about my ability to survive from hills. I expect to get stronger. I expect to gain confidence from my successes. I expect to learn from every failure. I will record and analyze every failure and success because it will serve as input into August training.
After that, I will go back to the trenches for four weeks to iron out weaknesses.
Keep running my friends. And wish me strength and fortitude because I have set myself for some serious-ass work to do.
All the best for those who will go for Sotokoto - send RaceReports!