Sunday, July 25, 2010

113 mins LSR - The Fear is Gone!

Did I mention that Ndakaini half Marathon is on Sept 18th? Having that date motivates me and makes my goal sharper and more focused. I went for my LSR on Sunday. It was to be 110 Mins run. I decised to push the pace a little, my confidence having been built by the 100 mins run I had the previous week. And so I pushed the pace and attacked the hills! I ran faster and let myself go. There was a runner I struggled with on the hill 2 weeks ago and this time I just ran past him and after 3 minutes, I couldnt see him.
I went thro the bypass to uhuru gardens, past carnivore, down langatta road, past wison airport to TMall, up mbagathi way to highrise, to ngong road, past city mortuary, uchumi ngong hyper, past Nakumatt Ngong and made a U turn near yaya then climbed back. It was 90% tarmac but my legs handled it.
Next time I may just decide to run to Ogutu's house. It was about 18Kms. Next week I upgrade to 120 mins and keep it there and concentrate on widening the distance within that 120 mins.

So I have improved. Evidence all over. But I also added weight last week! I simply dont get it at all. Is it the sumptuous lunches? I don't know. What I know is that I have to cut that weight. And I will.
Today I have rested. Tomorrow I resume 40 mins. I will upgrade it to 42 mins.
Below is Tadese. A running god really. IAAF say that The world’s fastest and most successful Half Marathon runner, Zersenay Tadese of Eritrea, will lead the field at the 2010 Bogota International Half Marathon, an IAAF Gold Label Road Race, on 1 August in Bogota, Colombia.

No comments: