Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Twisted my Ankle, Ouch!

I am in pain. I was up at 5:40 and left by 5:56. I started off pretty fast, determined to better my performance yesterday. I was out of the gate in two minutes and ran into the unlit bypass road. 500m into the road, I stepped onto a stone and twisted my ankle seriously. Some really unnatural angle. I had twisted my ankle this way and that while stretching just before I left the house and I decided that stretching must count for something. So instead of stopping and baring my teeth in pain, I twisted the ankle this way and that and gritted my teeth and soldiered on. I was actually faster than yesterday and added about 400m in the distance I covered.
I stretched, did the exercises and showered. And now I am limping in pain.
I dont know if I can run with the bad ankle tomorrow but I may just try. Damn! Damn! Damn! I was doing so well....

No comments: