Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weight from Hell

I have some 3 Kilos that have jumped on me the last 7 days and I cannot, for the sake of me, determine where they came from. At any rate, I ran today. I have improved but I am heavy.
Now that the fear is gone, I want to take myself through hell to get better.
Tadese Wins Easily
IAAF writes: Palermo, Italy - Three years ago at the IAAF World Cross Country Championships in Mombasa, Zersenay Tadese was able to force  Kenenisa Bekele out of gear and stop his dream to win a sixth consecutive title. Yesterday (26) something similar occurred in Castelbuono, where Olympic Marathon champion Samuel Wanjiru, a pre-race favourite, was forced to stop early in the race by the Eritrean's strong pace.

Competing for the first time in Sicily, Tadese, winner of the last four IAAF World Half Marathon titles and the World record holder over the distance at 58:23, took the honours at the 85th Giro di Castelbuono, one of the oldest road races in Europe. It's a very challenging race, given the hilly course of ten 1.13km loops. Just after the start of every lap the runners actually have to climb a very though uphill.

Tadese ran briskly from the start. By the end of the first lap he had already created a gap on pursuers Abraham Cherkos and Vincent Kipruto. At that point Wanjiru was far behind and during the third lap he dropped out, claiming a problem in his chest.

No comments: