Sunday, April 21, 2013

Attempting 14Km/hr

I did some pedestrian calculation while munching lunch and decided, between the soup and salad bowls, that do do a 1hr 14Km, what i needed to do was run 14Kms in 4:24 or lower. I decided that I can take a decent stub at that. And so I broke my task into two: cover the first 7k in 30mins and the next 7k in 30mins. And so I got to it at 4:30pm. It wasnt that hard 5k in 21:48 (PR!) but then Surprise surprise. I did 7k in 30:32 (PR!) and went like WTF!!! Then I lost concentration and started recalculating and realized I needed 4:17, not 4:24! 8K in 35:13 and I crossed 9k in 39:43 and 10k in 44:13 (PR!) and the rain became too much so I clocked it in at 11k. Not a bad tempo run. I will take it.

Sunday 21st April:
Problems. First, my bus arrived late. Then I couldnt find my garmin. When I did, it had low battery and was blinking. Legs that have been folded the whole night in a bus may not be the freshest. Then I set out too fast and developed a stitch by 4Kms. By 9k, my right shin was very painful. By 11k, I decided to call it a day rather than risk injury. So i was jogging 2 the mat stage. By 13k, the pain and stitch had gone. The garmin went off too. So I decided to go via city stadium to Muthurwa, ngong road, city mortuary, tmall and back to langatta. I jogged the whole way. Muthurwa wasnt so bad considering I passed there kitu 9am. Clocked about 30k in total. From the pain in my back and shoulders, I may have lost some long-distance fitness. But I am happy about my speed progression. I have to follow London marathon via the net. Keep runnin.
Thursday splits below.

 1__4:16.0        
2__4:21.3        
3__4:23.2        
4__4:29.3        
5__4:18.7        
6__4:21.3        
7__4:22.3        
8__4:41.2        
9__4:30.5        
10__4:30.0        
11__4:36.1
           




   







































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist
with SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.
Thanks!

Here is my site ford ranger