Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week 5 Day 2

Since I wasn't running today, I slept with week 5 day two firmly in mind. And I swore that one of us has to win: either I do those push ups or the schedule looks at me undone, unchallenged. I was not gonna play around with some damn pushups.
So after weighing myself (this week my weight has been steady, which is not good but its okay, I know how to drop it and when), I took some juice and some bread and placed a glass of water nearby and fixed a gaze on the floor beneath me. Controlled breathing. Focus. Proper form.
Then I started resolutely and with a do-or-die attitude. It was 8 levels:
20+20+18+18+15+15+14+40 = 160 push ups.
It actually wasn't that hard. I think these push ups need one to be strong and mentally ready and when you are strong, you know it. Yesterday and on Monday I was weak and I could have had my ass kicked by the push ups if I tried. I tried on Monday anyway and collapsed on my hands after 25 pushups. That intimidated me for a while. Only for a while. Then I found my strength.
I have some pain in my lower legs somewhere I can't reach with my hands. If it abates today, I will have an easy run tomorrow in preparation of a 20K on Sunday. If it doesn't abate, an easy run on Friday in preparation of a 20K on Sunday. Its not a big one. I can tell. Either tomorrow or Friday.
I can see that Day 3 has 148 pushups so its like this program has a taper. I think I will do day 3 either tomorrow or on Friday, then The Exhaustion test sometime early next week.
Cheers.
A

2 comments:

BM said...

you have done great so far. good luck on rest of the pushups. You are also right about the fact that this is more of a mental challenge that physical.

Running Writer said...

Thanks BM. Lets do it.