Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day 1 week 5

This day intimidated the hell out of me. That is why I mentioned earlier that I would be putting off the 100 pushups challenge and give the marathon priority. I didnt know I was intimidated: I frankly thought I couldn't hack it having my ass kicked by marathon training on one side and pushups on the other side. But I think I have adjusted to my cut-back on carbs and I am acclimatizing and I have also sort of recovered from the long run of last Sunday so today I woke up feeling okay and decided to tackle Day 1. As recommended, I took half of my breakfast before attempting the pushups. So I downed 250ml of yogurt and 2 slices brown bread and placed a glass of water nearby. There is no problem taking some sugary stuff just before and after a workout though I didn't because the yogurt is the sweetened type.
I did 40+32+30+25+40 = 167 pushups in some 30 mins. In between the levels, I did crunches and calf raises. I may have got a little overzealous with the calf raises but I am okay. The little pain I got yesterday as a result of increasing my stride is gone so tomorrow I should kick a fast 10K.
I am going to watch MIRRORS today.

Cheers

No comments: