Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tempo Runs and Exhaustion Test

I did 41 pushups in my exhaustion test so I begin week 4 tomorrow. I also did my tempo runs. I covered the first 1K in 4:46 - from the 5:30 of last week so I kicked the bitches ass! I was faster on the incline and I managed to do 3.5 K in 14 mins. This is a hell of an improvement from a month ago when I could only cover 2.5K in 14 mins so I am doing great. If I can push harder and cover 4K in 14 mins, I should be able to do the remaining 1K in less than 6 mins and I will have achieved my sub 20 mins 5K, which is in sight. In total, I did 7K today.
This is sugar-free day number three and I have cut back on carbs and on my portions. Time to lose some Kilos. I will take a break for two days and go for a 20K run on Sunday. That will be the longest distance I have run this year. Shudder shudder.
A quote I saw today: You have to wake up in the morning with determination in order to end the day with satisfaction.
Cheers.
A

2 comments:

BM said...

Just curious, Are you following some kind of written plan for the running?

Running Writer said...

Thanks BM. Yeah. I am following a schedule its available in the link below. Are you also taking the 100 push ups challenge?
http://bp1.blogger.com/_QuMOIhxNtTQ/SJG3laBdZ_I/AAAAAAAAAC4/qYdmveVsnns/s1600-h/marathonprogram.jpg
I posted the schedule in the post linked to below:
http://therunningwriter.blogspot.com/2008/07/program-is-ready-recovery-run-tomorrow.html
Cheers